Saturday, October 30, 2010

St. George

Yesterday night my church had a Reformation Celebration.  The Reformer that we were taught about was John Huss.  I, my brothers, and my sister, all took part in the events offered to the children that night.  You can "dress up" if you like.  And so I did; I dressed up as St. George. 

Now, St. George was a "dragon slayer", for he killed several dragons in his lifetime.  His most famous encounter with a dragon was in Selene, a city in Libya, Africa.  The amazing story can be read here:
http://www.kellscraft.com/stgeorge.html



This story is truly amazing.

Here's some more things about St. George:

- St. George also killed a dragon Brinsop, England, and he killed another dragon in Uffington, England.

- St. George was martyred for believing in Jesus Christ.

- April 23 is St. George's day.

- The flag that is white with a red cross, is often associated with St. George.  This flag is pictured below.


No comments:

Post a Comment